THE AGROPRENEUR: this 18 yr old student is making ksh 40,000 per month from his one cow

Posted on 07:42 by
Even before he completes his first year at campus, Martin Kiburi is already earning more than a government-employed teacher.
After witnessing his father’s woes as a dairy farmer, he decided to add value to it.

After buying one cow from him on credit, he now makes yoghurt in his father’s home, which he sells at a milk bar in nearby Mukurwe-ini township.
Fresh milk sells at about Sh35 per litre, and he makes Sh50 per litre profit from the yoghurt. His grade cow produces 40-45 litres a day and he buys the rest from his father.
“I no longer worry about marketing my milk. He buys more than 150 litres from me every day,” says Kiburi’s father, Charles Njoroge.
Father and son enjoy a cordial business relationship. “We agreed that I would save for my university education. I paid my First Year fees for myself,” says Kiburi.
The food science and technology student is planning to set up a cheese manufacturing unit as well as start making ice cream by the end of next year. “I have already enjoyed the fruits of one cow. I can only add more,” he says.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

search form