FUN FACT: Dolly Parton Once Lost In a Dolly Parton Look-alike Contest

Posted on 01:52 by
 
 Dolly Parton once lost a Dolly Parton look-a-like contest - to a man.

The country music queen decided to have some fun and thrill her gay fans by showing up to a Dolly Double party in Santa Monica, California and was stunned when she missed out on the top prize.
 
 She showed up to a Dolly Parton lookalike contest on Santa Monica Boulevard, as a joke. She was surprised when it turned out that she didn't win, since that means that the judges thought someone else looked more like her than herself.
 
She says, "I just kinda over-exaggerated everything I am - bigger hair, bigger beauty mark, bigger boobs... and I thought, 'I'm gonna go down to the club...' They were marching across the stage, the look-a-likes, and all these drag queens were at least six-feet tall with their high heels and here comes this little... I guess they thought I was just a little gay midget, or something... Most people think I am taller. I was kinda lost in the shuffle. They didn't take me serious at all."
Dolly Parton
 
Business Unplugged
Tags :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

search form