This Hilarious yet Bold Cover Letter Impressed Even Wall Street Bosses

Posted on 01:38 by

Shocker. It seems that ‘humble’ could actually work on Wall Street.
Well, at least for the brutally honest and hilariously self-deprecating young student, whose cover letter publicized on Business Insider, has generated a ton of positive interest amongst investment banking bosses.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the recipient of the e-mail immediately forwarded it on to colleagues, adding, “This might be the best cover letter I’ve ever received.  Second and third paragraphs especially.”
Another added to the e-mail chain, “I wouldn’t be surprised if this guy gets at least a call from every bank out there.”
For your reading pleasure, I’m including the letter in full and have taken the liberty to highlight the classic bits.
From: BLOCKED
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 1:14PM
To: BLOCKED
Subject: Summer Internship
Dear BLOCKED
My name is (---) and I am an undergraduate finance student at (---). I met you the summer before last at Smith & Wollensky’s in New York when I was touring the east coast with my uncle, (---). I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to talk with me that night.
I am writing to inquire about a possible summer internship in your office.  I am aware it is highly unusual for undergraduates from average universities like (---) to intern at (---), but nevertheless I was hoping you might make an exception.  I am extremely interested in investment banking and would love nothing more than to learn under your tutelage. I have no qualms about fetching coffee, shining shoes or picking up laundry, and will work for next to nothing. In all honesty, I just want to be around professionals in the industry and gain as much knowledge as I can.
I won’t waste your time inflating my credentials, throwing around exaggerated job titles, or feeding you a line of crapp (sic) about how my past experiences and skill set align perfectly for an investment banking internship.  The truth is I have no unbelievably special skills or genius eccentricities, but I do have a near perfect GPA and will work hard for you.  I’ve interned for Merrill Lynch in the Wealth Management Division and taken an investment banking class at (---), for whatever that is worth.
I am currently awaiting admission results for (---) Masters of Science in Accountancy program, which I would begin this fall if admitted. I am also planning on attending law school after my master’s program, which we spoke about in New York. I apologize for the blunt nature of my letter, but I hope you seriously consider taking me under your wing this summer. I have attached my resume for your review. Feel free to call me at (---) or email at (---). Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
---
Tags :

1 comment: Leave Your Comments

  1. This is how my partner Wesley Virgin's adventure starts in this shocking and controversial VIDEO.

    You see, Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he discovered hidden, "self mind control" secrets that the CIA and others used to obtain whatever they want.

    As it turns out, these are the EXACT same methods tons of celebrities (especially those who "come out of nowhere") and the greatest business people used to become rich and famous.

    You probably know that you use only 10% of your brain.

    That's because the majority of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps that thought has even occurred INSIDE your very own mind... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's mind about 7 years back, while driving an unlicensed, trash bucket of a car without a driver's license and on his bank card.

    "I'm absolutely fed up with living payroll to payroll! Why can't I become successful?"

    You've been a part of those those types of conversations, isn't it right?

    Your success story is going to be written. All you need is to believe in YOURSELF.

    Watch Wesley Virgin's Video Now!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

search form